cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts about choosing Sharepoint as a trigger

Hi all,

I need to create a repository for some files and I thought Sharepoint could be the best one. But I also need to set a reminder if one of these files is close to its due date. Considering Sharepoint is a good repository but did not give you the chance to set a reminder, I thought maybe I could create a new Flow using this platform (Sharepoint) and Outlook.

The problem I still could not find a good flow that allowed me to do that.

Do you think Sharepoint could satisfy that idea? Or is there a better platform/app to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hello Team,

I have an idea here that might help you out.

First up you need to create a Custom Date type column in SharePoint Library called Due Date as shown below-

Capture.PNG

Manual Trigger and Get Files (properties only) -

With the Manual trigger you can run this flow every morning and the second action (Get files) will get all the files in your SharePoint Library.

Capture.PNG

Then we will loop each of these files and using a condition we will check if the due date is equal to the today's date.

So add an Apply to each and then inside the Apply to each add a Condition.

Capture.PNG

The expression will be as follows (Due date is available as a dynamic content) -

Due Date  is equal to  formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')

If the condition satisfies for a file it will go to the Yes part of the condition as send an email to Outlook as a reminder. This is shown below -

Capture.PNG

This should definitely sort your requirement out, I mean this is a complete solution as per your needs.

Try it out...

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint can work for that use-case. I think it's the best option, also.

I found this Microsoft doc that I think addresses your issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/create-sharepoint-reminder-flows

If this response helps you, please add a Kudos to my reply.

Thank you!

Super User II
Super User II

Hello Team,

I have an idea here that might help you out.

First up you need to create a Custom Date type column in SharePoint Library called Due Date as shown below-

Capture.PNG

Manual Trigger and Get Files (properties only) -

With the Manual trigger you can run this flow every morning and the second action (Get files) will get all the files in your SharePoint Library.

Capture.PNG

Then we will loop each of these files and using a condition we will check if the due date is equal to the today's date.

So add an Apply to each and then inside the Apply to each add a Condition.

Capture.PNG

The expression will be as follows (Due date is available as a dynamic content) -

Due Date  is equal to  formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')

If the condition satisfies for a file it will go to the Yes part of the condition as send an email to Outlook as a reminder. This is shown below -

Capture.PNG

This should definitely sort your requirement out, I mean this is a complete solution as per your needs.

Try it out...

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rodrigo92 ,

Have your problem been solved by @yashkamdar  and @jonathan_rou  's solution?

If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,015)