cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattias1172
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Download File From Edge

I am trying to download a report from a website and use the Save As feature to rename the file and specify the download location. 

Normally, I would use Chrome for this since the "ask what to do with the file" option in Chrome automatically opens an explorer window to rename and save the file. 

The issue is, the site I am logging into uses SSO and is tied to my Windows login credentials. This requires Edge to use natively without having to use 3rd party extensions in Chrome (not reliable and prefer not to use). In Edge, the same setting to ask what to do with the file instead opens a UI element asking if you want to Open or Save As. I've tried using both UI and Browser automation buttons and using the Recorder, but nothing so far can see this UI window/element to click on "Save As". 

flow1.png

Other topics ive found on this either are unanswered or suggest using get files in folder, sorting by creation date, and getting the first index in the list. While this would work, I'd still like to see if anyone knows how to get Edge to open the same explorer window for Save As from PAD.

I also tried creating a new tab to "edge://downloads/all" and navigating, but PAD also does not see the UI elements here. 

Is there a know fix or workaround for this in Edge? 

1 REPLY 1
Kresimir_RPA
Advocate III
Advocate III

Is there solution for this?

Regards,

Krešimir

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (4,269)