cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Downloading list of URL's from Excel, creating Sharepoint file for each result

I have a list of URL's in Excel.....I would like to download each one and create a file in Sharepoint for each. Does anyone have any ideas to make this happen? Having trouble with my snipping tool, so I'll just write out the steps of the flow I'm trying to use......

Excel -- list rows present in a table

Apply to each value:

HTTP -- GET (column containing URL's in "URL" field)

Sharepoint -- create file (column containing company name for each URL in "file name" field, Body in "file content")

I hope this makes sense.....let me know if I need to clarify.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

What is the type of file URLs?

Are they the SharePoint files Share link? If they are, it is hard to get file content by using Http reqeust. 

Why will you store they as a URL, why not store them as File ID? If you store they as File ID, you can use the Get file content action to get them.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You can use the HTTP action to get the file according to the URL, and then put the Body of response in the file content to create the file. By the other hand, you need to create the company name and file name are contained in URL, you can use Data operation to extract it, such as spilit()  function, substring()  function, etc.

Annotation 2019-11-06 141243.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,399)