cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date Last Friday of Month

I am trying to figure out how to set the due date for a monthly recurring task in Planner to be the Last Friday of the Month or the First Friday of the Month.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ZPS13 ,

If you want to send an email on the last Friday every month, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

The first expression in the Condition:

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM')

The second expression in the condition:

formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(),7),'MM')

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ZPS13 ,

Do you want to create a recurring task in planner with Microsoft flow?

I have made a test on my side and I'm afraid that we couldn't create a recurring task in Microsoft flow currently, the function to create a recurring take in planner is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-alzhan-msft,

I know there are ways to get the last day of the month or only send out an email on the last day as long as it's not a weekend.  I just wasn't sure if it was possible to use a formula in Power Automate to find the Last Friday of a Month, regardless of whether it is a recurring task in Planner.  

Hi @ZPS13 ,

If you want to send an email on the last Friday every month, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

The first expression in the Condition:

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM')

The second expression in the condition:

formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(),7),'MM')

Best regards,

Alice       

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,782)