Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bron
Helper I
Helper I

Due Date flow failing at Condition

Hello you clever people,

I am trying to create a Schedule Flow that will check if there are any Tenders due in a couple of days and send an email listing whatever is due.

I have things working to a point, but then it falls over. Here is what I have so far:

> Recurrence trigger (each day)

> Initialize strTendersDue

> Compose: 

addDays(utcNow(),3)

> Convert time zone

> Get items based on the following Filter Query: 

Bid_x0020_status ne 'Go' and Submission_x0020_due_x0020_date_ gt '@{getFutureTime(1, 'Day')}' and Submission_x0020_due_x0020_date_ lt '@{getFutureTime(3,'Day')}'

Everything seems to be working up to that point. When I test it, it returns the Tenders that are due in a couple of days, however, when I try to compile the information to send in an email, it all falls over.

Test.png

Test.jpg

When I test it, the Apply to each returns three items (which is right), but the Condition expression is false.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bron

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @Bron 

If it was me trying to debug this, I would stick a couple of compose actions prior to your condition and insert the BID STAT and CLOSIN dynamic values.  Conditions don't let you see how it is evaluated, but if you use a condition, you can check the strings returned and will hopefully then see why your condition is evaluating false.  Possibly because the returned strings do not match.  It might also be worth sticking the Outputs dynamic value in a compose too - even if it is just temporary.  Things like case can catch you out and you can use the expression toupper() or tolower() to convert both sides of the arguement when comparing strings.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here and like & subscribe to my YouTube Channel thanks 😉

Bron
Helper I
Helper I

It's a long time since I first posted this, and I managed to get things working for a while, but it is falling over again. I think, Damien, you are correct about it returning strings that don't match.

I changed the flow so that it had the following conditions:

Tender Due condition.JPG

Here is the error message I am getting:

Unable to process template language expressions for action 'Condition:_Tenders_Due' at line '1' and column '14642': 'The template language function 'greaterOrEquals' expects two parameter of matching types. The function was invoked with values of type 'Null' and 'String' that do not match.'.

Basically, I am trying to pull data of all tenders due from today to 8 days ahead. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Bronwyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,873)