Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stephen1606
Level: Powered On

Duplicate Email Notifications

Hi, 

I have a flow which uses the action 'List files in folder', it then has a condition to check if the last modified date = today's date, if yes then add a row to a Power Bi dataset and then send an outlook email.

The problem I am having is each time the flow runs I get a email with all the files for today and not just the ones since the last flow ran.

I apologise if this is a really basic concept, but how can I set it up so I only receive emails about those files added since the last flow ran?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
mxh7875
Level: Powered On

Re: Duplicate Email Notifications

@Stephen1606 You may be able to use the addhours() expression to alter your condition.  For instance, if your flow is recurring every hour or so you can use addhours() or utcnow() to see if the modified field is less than an hour old, therefore new.  So it will be like saying "check if Created >= utcnow()-1hr"  That's completely not how you write it, but well, I'm super new at this too.

SEE https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

This one helped out too: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Calculation-with-dates-in-Flow-is-not-working/m-p...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Duplicate Email Notifications

Hi @ Stephen1606,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Where is the folder that you mentioned saved in? Is it saved in your Onedrive for business?

Do you want the flow to send an email with all the files' name that are added to folder since the last flow ran?

How frequency would you flow run to get the files in the folder and send the email

I would offer you a workaround, please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png2.png

Note:

1.The flow would run with a frequency of two hours.you could modify the frequency as your needs.

2.The expression in the condition would filter all files that are added to folder since the last flow ran, the expression as below:

@greater(items('Apply_to_each')?['LastModified'], addHours(utcNow(), -2))

If modify the frequency of six hours, you should modify the expression as below:

@greater(items('Apply_to_each')?['LastModified'], addHours(utcNow(), -6))

You could refer to link below to learn more about the workflow definition language:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

3.The expression in the condition 2 would check whether there are files be added to folder since the last flow ran, and if there are files be added to folder since the last flow ran, the flow would send the email notification, the expression as below:

@not(equals(length(variables('All files name')), 0))

4.The expression in the compose would convert the files' name to string, the expression as below

string(variables('All files name'))

The flow would run successfully as screenshot below:

3.png

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,077)