Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClaireAllen
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Duplicate Entries in a SharePoint List and send an email

Hello Community,

I'm looking for some guidance on a workflow that will send an email to accounts with the duplicate information and for items we did not book which are on the excel list.

I've not used getting data from excel before into a SharePoint list via flow, and I've not done any checks before for duplications, so any help / screen shots on how to achieve this would be gratefully received.

I have a SharePoint list that has one column with enforce unique values set, this gets update when an external customer provide information from an email i.e. Booking Reference. (this should be the unique value to look up on the excel list to SharePoint)

We then get a monthly excel sheet with all bookings, and I want to update the current item on the SharePoint list with the invoice number and value against the Booking Reference, BUT sometimes we get duplicates and also extra information on the excel sheet that is not in the SharePoint List and this is what I want to capture within a workflow.

Thank you in advance

Claire

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ClaireAllen,

Sorry for the late response, I omitted the trigger part in my previous post because I think you use the fixed trigger about SharePoint by default. Actually, I am using the trigger When an item created or modified trigger of SharePoint connector.Screenshot 2020-09-14 175105.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClaireAllen,

You could initialize an integer variable named Flag, then loop rows in Excel table, if find the unique value of the trigger item exists in the Excel table, set the variable to 1. After the loop, create a condition action to determine the Flag if equals 1, if it is, sends an email:

Annotation 2020-09-08 104641.jpg

Annotation 2020-09-08 104643.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-litu-msft ,

Thank you for coming back to me,

I've built this workflow, but where does the excel look up the information in a SharePoint list to compare and check if items have been duplicated?

I wanted to update information from excel to a SharePoint list and if we found duplicates to send an email, but I don't see any connection to my SharePoint List.

Kind regards

Claire

Hello @v-litu-msft ,

I wondered if you managed to have a look at my post, with regards to the connection from my SharePoint list, in the workflow that you kindly provided, 

I was not sure where the connection to check my SharePoint list for duplicates came from

SharePoint List to Excel - Duplicate Entries 

If you could advise or point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Claire

Hi @ClaireAllen,

Sorry for the late response, I omitted the trigger part in my previous post because I think you use the fixed trigger about SharePoint by default. Actually, I am using the trigger When an item created or modified trigger of SharePoint connector.Screenshot 2020-09-14 175105.jpg

Best Regards,

Thank you @v-litu-msft 

I've managed to replicate the workflow and runs successfully,

I'm not sure if it's doing what I want it to do, but will work with it.

Thank you for your assistance,

Kind regards

Claire

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,566)