Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djean64
Frequent Visitor

Duplicate List Item

Hello,

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a SharePoint List, where I would like an email send to specific people if a duplicate value is present in a specific column. In the example below, Harry and Sally would receive an email. I want the ability to still input duplicate values in that column, but to notify both parties or up to 3 or 4 parties that they all have the same item. Thank you so much in advance!

Example

CaptureMSF.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
edgonzales
Super User
Super User

@djean64 

Hey there.  So, there are probably more elegant ways to approach this, but here's a sketch:

• Trigger would be on a new row on your SP list. 
  • Next action would be to initialize an Array variable and then Get Items on the list, but filter for the sku from the new row.
  • Then, in an Apply to Each loop, add the names that come up to an array variable.  Be sure to add a path if there are no matches, or else things will probably bomb out.
  • Outside of your apply to each loop, you can send an email to the names on your list  (if you don't already have the email addresses from previous actions, add a step inside the loop to get it, then append that to the array, as well.

Give that a go, and keep us posted of your progress.  We're all happy to help work through whatever errors or obstacles come up along the way.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Capture.PNG

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it. The flow is failing at Apply to each. Do you have any pointers of what I'm doing wrong?

@djean64  if you want to use a value from Get items you need to create the send an email action inside Aply to Each.

Another thing that you need to do is send the correct value in filter query.

The correct filter query needs to be like YourVariable eq 'Value' 

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

I've removed the post due to an error.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (4,973)