I am looking to update the D365 Dataverse Calendar with any and all events on our Shared Office Resources Calendar.
I can get D365 to re-create any events that have been 'added, updated, or deleted' but for some reason my Flow was created tons of duplicates.
Here is the Flow:
Here are the results:
(D365 will load forever - I assume there are 100+ duplicate entries on this day alone. Trust me that there are ALSO duplicates on the prior days, though D365 does not seem to want to load them while it is pre-loading my infinite list)
SO, I am hoping to re-create this Flow without the duplication.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I am sorry to report that after a few weeks out of office I came back to this Flow seemingly not working. Here is my run history:
There are some failed runs which look like this:
It appears it is the Update path that is having issues. This could explain the duplicates, though I am not so sure. The duplicates actually seem like a function of the Flow running successfully.
Thank you for your continued assistance.
I've created the demo flow earlier and it appears to still work. I've updated the "updated actions", if no existing appointment record was found to update (because the appointment existed before the flow was created) then create a new appointment.
Here is the overall flow:
For updating the Appointments table
This is the Updated case:
The Condition expanded for the Update case:
If there is no existing appointment record was found to update (because the appointment existed before the flow was created) then create a new appointment.
Close-up of the Condition action
Hope this helps.
Very helpful as usual, Ellis.
I hadn't recreated the 'if no' condition in the 'update' path. Maybe that was it.
My other discrepancy is that Compose 'activityid' in 'row ID.' I had my Compose2 action's output set there. I still cannot get it to say what yours does: "outputs('ComposeItem')?['activityid']" - mine is like "outputs(Compose_Documentation')."
I am 50% convinced that means I still have something wrong. However, the final step of Update a Row uses the Compose 2 documentation right before it. Logically, this seems like it could work.
I will turn it back on and write back if I have questions or have been solved.
Thank you, as usual.
Unfortunately, I was still getting duplicates.
Viewing the Run History, it appears that my Scopes "Added" & "Delete" are working correctly, though the Update row gives me this 'bad syntax' error:
I am going to try filling in the Compose section that is the 2nd step in the flow you suggested. It appears to me that this is where the 'activity id' is generated - though I don't fully understand.
I just can't understand how your Row ID Output in Outdate a row scope shows up as Compose Dynamics Content. I can write this as an expression (and will try it), but still my Flow looks a little different.
Please let me know if I am missing something, thank you.
Please check this out...I don't understand why.
Note how that "ComposeItem2" creates Dynamics Content that says 'activityid'
Whereas on my update path, I appear to have the same steps:
Why would one Dynamic Content Compose identify itself as activityid in one place and not the other? Is there something different that I haevn't spotted?
I have started a new thread but am having questions about this Flow.
I am feeling like it is missing some entries.
Here is the current week in Outlook
Whereas here is the current week in D365.
I am missing the entry on 2/8 at 10:00 am in D365, for example.
Further, it seems like it is pulling my personal calendar as well as the shared calendar.
What's going on?
In my demo flow, the flow was creating duplicate entries in the Appointments table. The Outlook Event can trigger an "Added" event, but it can also trigger an Added event that has the property Is Updated. According to the documentation this flag that indicates whether the event was updated since the last poll of the trigger.
I've modified the flow so that it does not create a new record if the Is Updated is true:
I may need to look at this further.
I haven't noticed any the missing appointments - but my data is displayed in a demo powerapps application. It's not live or used.
I haven't noticed any duplicates for awhile now. I will revisit this if they show up, but for now I need to stay focused on my tasks.
The selected calendar is 'Calendar.' According to our MS Partner, this is the Calendar we want here.
There is only one Flow working on the Appointment Entity.
The only failures are when I modify the Flow from what you had. For example, I intended to Set Regarding the Account based on Required Attendees....though that didn't work because some Required Attendees are not (and should not) be Contacts, causing the Flow to fail......slightly different issue, but I need help there too. No failures otherwise.
The comparison of the Weekly Views is above. There are a few missing entries.
Looking forward to hearing back.
You will need to perform more tests to see why the Outlook events are not being saved to the Appointments table. You can edit an event in Outlook, then wait and see if the event is created in the Appointments table. If not, please examine the runtime output and paste the results.
Unfortunately I'm not going to be of much help with the other D365 complex columns. This is about the limit of my experience with Dataverse at the moment.
Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.
A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.
Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!