cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larkil

Duplicate calendar

Hi guys, 

I´ve managed to create a flow that does the following;

When a calendar event is added to a table in Excel, it synchronizes with our schools Calendar (we would like a printable excel document with events, as well as a digital calendar). However, it creates duplicates every 5 minutes because of the recurrance i´ve set. 

How do I stop these duplicates from being created?

Skjermbilde 2022-05-12 kl. 23.04.43.png 

5 REPLIES 5
Heartholme
Super User
Super User

Hei @larkil ,

The easiest I think, would be to populate a sharepoint list instead of a excel sheet on your 'create event flow'. Then make another flow which trigger when a new item is created in the list and thereafter creates an event in the shared school calendar.

Heartholme_0-1652423099904.png

This will limit the creation of multiple events, and only trigger once when a new event is created.

You can also look at this if you want to see how you can remove such events again: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Updating-Outlook-365-calendar-entry-thout-knowing...

Lykke til! 😄

{ If my post answered your question, please Accept it as a solution ✔ }
{ This will in turn help others find solutions to similar questions }

Best Regards
Heartholme

larkil

Hi, 

Could you please post more images on this flow? 

I created the SP List and a flow as I think it is. It was not successfull. 

I think my flow is way too simple. 

Skjermbilde 2022-05-13 kl. 22.16.14.png

Heartholme
Super User
Super User

Hei igjen @larkil

Sorry for the late reply. This is perfect, make sure you have enough columns in your list to fit all the infromation you'd like, atleast 3 for subject and start/end time of the event.

Now make another flow which triggers from the mailbox when an event is created, like this:

Put in the information from the all the information you want from the original event, but you should have subject/Start/End time atleast to construct the event.

Heartholme_0-1652733594245.png

Let me know if you have any further questions! 😄

If you are satisfied with the result, please Accept my post as a solution. This will in turn help other find solutions to similar questions.

Best Regards
Heartholme

Maybe I don´t understand PA correctly, but for me it seems like your setup does the following; 

When I create a new calendar event a Sharepoint List is updated with the information from the event. 

I want just the opposite. When i add to Sharepoint List a event is created in our calendar. 

I need to figure out how to synchronize Sharepoint List with one of our excel cheets. Any ideas? 

I also need to figure out how to delete/update the calendar when a line in Sharepoint List is deleted/updated. I will check your previous link for that (the link from your first reply). 

Heartholme
Super User
Super User

@larkil

I think the easiest is to try to have your stakeholders put in the infromation in a sharepoint list instead of excel, because you can run triggers from Sharepoint a lot better than you can from excel, where you have to manually update and have duplicate controls etc, which is a lot harder to do.

Make your list with the relevant information and have people plot it into Sharepoint with all the values, or they can make a flow for themself which does it automatically once they create an event.

Heartholme_0-1652814658318.png

So in summary. You need to make two flows:

1. For you (or every) person of your organisation, a flow like the last one I linked which plots the information for every calender created into a sharepoint list.

2. This flow:

Heartholme_1-1652814749345.png

Which makes an event in your shared Schools calender once a new item is created in your 'event' list in sharepoint.

Optionally, when you have this working, expand your flow to handle deleting events etc as well, but start with the basics first.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,234)