cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate emails when triggering on Cloud App Security alert

I have a Flow that sends an email when there is an "Impossible Travel" alert in Cloud App Security.  I am getting duplicate emails, in some cases 4, in other cases 7. 

Untitled.png

Above is a picture of the flow.

Capture1-5.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2-5.JPGCapture2.JPG

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous is there any reason why you have an apply to each control in your flow? You should be able to go straight to the Send an email notification action after the trigger.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As @RobElliott  said, your flow send duplicate emails since you add an Apply to each outside the "Send an email notification" action, and you need to remove the Apply to each if you don't want to get multiple emails for one alert.

If the Apply to each is automatically created when you add dynamic content of entity information to the Send an email notification action, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous is there any reason why you have an apply to each control in your flow? You should be able to go straight to the Send an email notification action after the trigger.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As @RobElliott  said, your flow send duplicate emails since you add an Apply to each outside the "Send an email notification" action, and you need to remove the Apply to each if you don't want to get multiple emails for one alert.

If the Apply to each is automatically created when you add dynamic content of entity information to the Send an email notification action, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't create it that way, Microsoft Flow did!  But your observation might be key in me resolving the issue.  I created this Flow a few months ago and when I just went in and recreated it from scratch, it no longer adds the "Apply to each" block.  Waiting for an alert to trigger so I can confirm it's fixed, but I'm guessing it likely is.

Thanks again.

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your problem is solved, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,087)