cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Duplicate records on Slack

We have a flow that posts messages on Slack based on changed records from Salesforce

The condition is when a Salesforce opportunity record particular field called "stage" value is changed to "Closed won", the information is then processed by the flow to be posted on a particular Slack channel

The problem is that the same record will post on Slack multiple times afterwards, whenever it is changed (if the "stage" is equal to "Closed won")

Any idea how to avoid having the same records being posted more than once?

The two salesforce triggers available are "Record created" and "Records modified", and i understand that woulnd't be an issue if i am using "record created", but that wouldn't make sense because our sales cycle is quite lenghty and an opportunity might take months before getting closed won

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi majdid,

I assume that you only want to post message on Slack channer when the value of a filed called “Stage” is changed to “Closed won”.

If yes, you may consider to add a Condition after the trigger “When a record is modified” to check if the value of the “Stage” field is equal to “Closed won”.

If yes, post the message to Slack, if no, do nothing.

Please try it on your side.

Please take this doc for a reference:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/add-a-condition/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

That is exactly how it is setup right now, please have a look at the attached screenshot

The problem is that the record will be modified afterwards (other fields such as amount or close date or opportunity details...), so from that point onwards, everytime the record is changed, it will post another message on Slack

The issue is that on the Flow conditions, there is nothing like "Changed to" instead of "Equa to"

Any idea?

We tried solving this by adding a hidden field on the opportunity object in salesforce (true/false) and update that field when the stage is changed to closed won, however Flow doesn't have an action to only update a certain field in Salesforce, you have to enter the values for over 50 fields, which is neither practical nor possible

Highlighted

Hi majdid,

Thanks for updating.

But I am afraid that currently there is no workaround can be used for the issue you are having now.

I believe that the idea adding “Change to” in the Condition would be a good addition for Flow.

Please consider to submit an idea at Flow ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

I will help collect and report your request on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,884)