cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostInTheFlood
Regular Visitor

Duplicate selected SharePoint list item

Hi smart people,

I would like to duplicate selected items (entire row(s)) in a SharePoint online list.

I managed to duplicate all entries with "get item" and " create item" but I'd like to only duplicate selected.

Any ideas?

Br

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LostInTheFlood 

After the first step you need the Get item to retrieve all the details from the selected item. Please see below.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @LostInTheFlood 

Open your list in SharePoint. Click Automate > Power Automate > Create Flow

image.png

Then create the flow trigger as

image.png

Once the flow is created go back to your SharePoint list. Select the item you want to duplicate then click Automate > Power Automate > Select the flow you created earlier.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi

Thank you @abm . I tried but was not successful in writing back to the list. I tried writing with " create item" but my columns were not to be found in dynamic content. I tried "id" and it wrote back a "1".

I'm a super novice when it comes to this.

Do you have the possibility to explain all steps?

Br

Hi @LostInTheFlood 

After the first step you need the Get item to retrieve all the details from the selected item. Please see below.

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Awsome, worked like a charm @abm 

easyhelp
Frequent Visitor

how do you trigger this workflow ? if apply to sharepoint list, i wanted to select a row and use this to copy, how do i do it?

Select the row you want to duplicate and click the arrow where it says "Automate". You should see your flows connected to the list there. 

if i have a column which have 2 or more items, it will copy into 2 or more rows, how do i just copy 1 row but have the same number of items in the column?

Hi @easyhelp 

Not sure I understood what you meant by. Could you please post this as a new thread? Also explain with some detailed examples.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
easyhelp
Frequent Visitor

Hi, may i know how u grant access to users who are not creator for this workflow as they cant see it from Automate > Power Automate 

Hello, Thank you for this solution. It works fine but I was not able to duplicate the fields that where choices or Lookup to other lists with dinamic content from the Get Item action, only options I choose for those fields. Best Regards, Joana

That also happened to you on your "open point w" field. You can choose yes or no but not copy what was on the item you selected to copy.

This looks great. The only issue i am running into is that it doesn't seem to recognize a SharePoint "Events list" as a valid list in the site. Is there something else I need to do, or are "Events lists" just not supported?

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,482)