cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostInTheFlood
Regular Visitor

Duplicate selected SharePoint list item

Hi smart people,

I would like to duplicate selected items (entire row(s)) in a SharePoint online list.

I managed to duplicate all entries with "get item" and " create item" but I'd like to only duplicate selected.

Any ideas?

Br

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LostInTheFlood 

After the first step you need the Get item to retrieve all the details from the selected item. Please see below.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @LostInTheFlood 

Open your list in SharePoint. Click Automate > Power Automate > Create Flow

image.png

Then create the flow trigger as

image.png

Once the flow is created go back to your SharePoint list. Select the item you want to duplicate then click Automate > Power Automate > Select the flow you created earlier.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi

Thank you @abm . I tried but was not successful in writing back to the list. I tried writing with " create item" but my columns were not to be found in dynamic content. I tried "id" and it wrote back a "1".

I'm a super novice when it comes to this.

Do you have the possibility to explain all steps?

Br

Hi @LostInTheFlood 

After the first step you need the Get item to retrieve all the details from the selected item. Please see below.

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Awsome, worked like a charm @abm 

Anonymous
Not applicable

how do you trigger this workflow ? if apply to sharepoint list, i wanted to select a row and use this to copy, how do i do it?

Select the row you want to duplicate and click the arrow where it says "Automate". You should see your flows connected to the list there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

if i have a column which have 2 or more items, it will copy into 2 or more rows, how do i just copy 1 row but have the same number of items in the column?

Hi @Anonymous 

Not sure I understood what you meant by. Could you please post this as a new thread? Also explain with some detailed examples.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, may i know how u grant access to users who are not creator for this workflow as they cant see it from Automate > Power Automate 

Hello, Thank you for this solution. It works fine but I was not able to duplicate the fields that where choices or Lookup to other lists with dinamic content from the Get Item action, only options I choose for those fields. Best Regards, Joana

That also happened to you on your "open point w" field. You can choose yes or no but not copy what was on the item you selected to copy.

This looks great. The only issue i am running into is that it doesn't seem to recognize a SharePoint "Events list" as a valid list in the site. Is there something else I need to do, or are "Events lists" just not supported?

Thank you!

Tina_Trupanion
Frequent Visitor

I was trying to use this exact flow and I can get it to work if I remove a few of my columns, but I want to create a true clone of every column.  I keep getting the below error: 

"The 'inputs.parameters' of workflow operation 'Create_item' of type 'OpenApiConnection' is not valid. Error details: The API operation does not allow writing a value for parameter 'item/field_2[0]/Id'. This parameter is read only."

I am not sure what it means.  I've noticed by removing and allowing some columns, the issue is with the "Choice" columns I have set up.  But again, I do want the data from those columns also copied.  Is there a way around this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,776)