cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teflonreis
Frequent Visitor

Duplicates: Send 1 instead of 2 emails if 2 list columns are changed.

Hello everyone 

My flow sends a noreply-email to both the creator and the assigned individuals of a task.

All tasks are inside a sharepoint list. The relevant list columns that trigger the flow are called "category" and "comments/notes".

If there are any changes in "category", two noreply-Emails are sent: One to the creator of the task as well as one to the assigned person.

Similarly, if changes in "comments/notes", then emails are being sent. 

However, if I update both category and comments/notes, creator receives two emails and assigned to receives two emails. I want creator to receive only one email and assigned to also only one email.

How can I remove the duplicate emails in this case? And send only one email.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1.png2.png

Below the inside of the Send an HTTP requests can be seen.

3.png4.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Teflonreis ,

The root cause it that the output of 'Compose2' has 2 object . So it loops twice. Why you use compose and use createarray() function here? Please check it.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

Thanks mate. I removed the compose and apply to each. Duplicate no more. I used to get errors without the compose action that the person that should receive notifications are of type object instead of array. Well works fine now. Thanks for the tip.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Teflonreis ,

The root cause it that the output of 'Compose2' has 2 object . So it loops twice. Why you use compose and use createarray() function here? Please check it.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Thanks mate. I removed the compose and apply to each. Duplicate no more. I used to get errors without the compose action that the person that should receive notifications are of type object instead of array. Well works fine now. Thanks for the tip.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (4,147)