cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication irritation

I am creating planner tasks from an excel spreadsheet so that i can book in certain events. This part is working well enough, except that it will duplicate each line of the list if i leave it running and will also continue to spam the test inbox i have set up for the mail i am also sending when the planner task is raised.

Is there a simple way to avoid duplication when making a flow to create planner tasks?

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Alexindistress 

Please post a screen shot of your Flow.  That will be a big help to those who would like to assist.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Duplicate stopper.jpg

This is something i picked up from a tutorial but i can't get it to work. In the video the idea is that you filter out the value of the title if it matches what you are trying to add but i don't get how to do this as the title is not simply a combination of excel cells but also text and a date that is converted from excel

@Alexindistress 

OK - I'll need just a little more information:

• Can you provide a link to the video that you used as your guide
  • In your Flow you have two expressions.  Can you copy the expressions that you used and add them as comments to the actions?  This is a good way to document your Flows so that you can easily see the expressions without having to click on each one.  After you do so, please take another screen shot and post again.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

@ScottShearer 

Thanks for the advice on future posts, i will make sure to do this. As for now the info you have asked for is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQMTcNCyPps

Test1 expression is:  length(outputs('List_tasks')?['body/value'])

Count Filter expression is: length(body('Filter_array'))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,711)