Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProfileCrater3
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dynamic Content - JSON

Hello,

I need help parsing JSON data into SharePoint List. Since the JSON data also comes from SharePoint, I am having a hard time getting the dynamic content that is needed. I tried following this post but no luck.

ProfileCrater3_0-1610746057364.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfileCrater3
Helper IV
Helper IV

I actually figured it out. I did not hit 'Generate From Sample" prior and that's what was causing the dilemma.

ProfileCrater3_0-1611599932254.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @ProfileCrater3 ,

Check this video to learn how parse JSON works - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52brz28poU&list=PLN-cZRQeAiDVQ-6ZWGr43yyTcpu6mUgrR&index=3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

Hi @RezaDorrani ,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I am still not getting a dynamic content. I will try to write it in as "item()?..."

Also, how do I differentiate json positions in flow? For example, there are many values called "Key", "Value", "Min", "Max". Following your tutorial, I am guessing if I wanted to get the minimum value of Aluminum, it would be

"item()?['ChemicalComposition']?[0]?['Minimum']"

and for Antimony, it would be:

"item()?['ChemicalComposition']?[1]?['Minimum']"

It does not look right but hopefully I am close.

],
"ProductClassificationComments": null,
"ChemicalComposition": [
{
"Key": "Aluminum",
"Value": {
"Minimum": "0",
"Maximum": "0.05"
}
},
{
"Key": "Antimony",
"Maximum": "0"
}
},
{
"Key": "Bismuth",
"Maximum": "0"

jdoss
Resolver II
Resolver II

Have you tried skipping the json and just using the values from "Get Items" in your apply to each you can just create the item instead of creating the extra steps. See image for example.

get-items.png

Hi @jdoss ,

Thanks for the reply. "Get Items" only lists the items in the SharePoint list. There is a list item called "JSONData" for me that needs to be extracted separately. 

ProfileCrater3_0-1611252636195.png

ProfileCrater3
Helper IV
Helper IV

I actually figured it out. I did not hit 'Generate From Sample" prior and that's what was causing the dilemma.

ProfileCrater3_0-1611599932254.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (50,587)