cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dynamic Content Returning Encrypted Results

I am attempting to create a flow that will take a substring of a file name and pass it to a SQL Stored Procedure. However, I kept getting errors from the stored procedure because of invalid parameters. So I added in an email notification and a condition to test and discovered that the file name will output for the subject line, but what is getting passed as a parameter to the stored procedure is something completely different.

How can I ensure that when I run an expression on dynamic content I get the actual, human readable, file name?

Test with File Name in both the Subject and Body fieldTest with File Name in both the Subject and Body fieldDifferent ResultsDifferent Results

Both file name parameters appear as @triggerOutputs()['headers']['x-ms-file-name-encoded']
@triggerOutputs()['headers']['x-ms-file-name-encoded'] so I'm not sure why it is outputting different results for the different fields.

I need to run a substring expression 

substring(triggerOutputs()['headers']['x-ms-file-name-encoded'],1,13) on the file name to get the first 13 digits of the file name in order to get the stored procedure to work. But nothing I've tried so far has returned different results and I haven't found any informaiton articles.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Dynamic Content Returning Encrypted Results

Hi @csperry,

Sorry for I couldn't test it to with flow on my sidde.

What is the trigger in your flow? Is it "When a file is created"?

I have made a test on the Box connector in the link below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/box/#triggers

As is shown in the link above, the trigger "When a file is created(properties only)" would returns the BlobMetadata with the DisplayName and the name of the file or folder, please check if the returned file name could be actual, human readable, file name.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved or share more details about what you need us for help.

Best regards,

Alice

please take a try to use the trigger "When a file is created(properties only)",

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csperry,

Sorry for I couldn't test it to with flow on my sidde.

What is the trigger in your flow? Is it "When a file is created"?

I have made a test on the Box connector in the link below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/box/#triggers

As is shown in the link above, the trigger "When a file is created(properties only)" would returns the BlobMetadata with the DisplayName and the name of the file or folder, please check if the returned file name could be actual, human readable, file name.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved or share more details about what you need us for help.

Best regards,

Alice

please take a try to use the trigger "When a file is created(properties only)",

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you! Using properties only allowed me to get the information I needed!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,690)