cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iso
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dynamic Content does not show all variables

For some reason, Power Automate has stopped showing all available variables, ie only shows a subset, at the end of a sequence of actions. I'll  describe briefly and then show you the screenshots. 

The action sequence starts with a bunch of variable initializations. Then, these vars get set. The last 3 actions in the sequence are as follows (in order):

1- set json_object_0 var to some json object { ... }

2- use Parse JSON action to create an instance of this json object (and I do provide the JSON schema)

3- use a SQL Insert Row action: this is where the problem arises: upon clicking on each field (as you'll see in the screenshot) the JSON object fields are nowhere to be seen in Dynamic Content; as a matter of fact, even the var json_object_0 does not appear!

Now, I have done this a couple of weeks ago, and the Dynamic Content not only would show the var json_object_0, but would also let me select the JSON object fields.

So what has changed, I ask?

In the last screenshot, the SKIP10::jump to data action that appears in the Dynamic Content list is in actuality followed by another action in the flow. And as you can see, this action does not appear in the Dynamic Content list.  

Another related issue is when I use the mouse wheel to scroll down the Dynamic Content list or simply click in on the vertical bar and drag it down, the Dynamic Content list just suddenly vanishes. I don't think it's should be doing that, now should it?

init_json_obj.jpgdont_populate.jpgno_json_object.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @iso,

It's weird, never met this issue.

As a workaround, you could use the expression to get the variable value:

variables('json_object_0')

Screenshot 2020-12-23 104535.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @iso,

It's weird, never met this issue.

As a workaround, you could use the expression to get the variable value:

variables('json_object_0')

Screenshot 2020-12-23 104535.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

iso
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks @v-litu-msft ! Which is what I had to do and why I came on the forum to ask my question because the workaround feels soooo hacky 😉 and... I don't like hacky. But then again, I guess I should get used to it as I am already well into hacky territory when it comes to handling ASCII control chars such as \r and \n. I know it's a different issue, but why on Earth should one need to use decodeURIComponent() instead of just being able to specify '\r' or '\n' when filtering or splitting a string on these 2 chars? Just saying....

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,270)