cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Dynamic Content not showing: Sharepoint list + Office Outlook 365

Hello everyone!

I am trying to set up a Contract Management system in Sharepoint and trying to set up automatic emails that would be sent when a contract Expiration Date (column - date) is a week away. I do this through Flow and connect 'Schedule' with 'Sharepoint - Get item' and then add an apply to all values to 'Office Outlook 365 - Send an email'. Here, I seem to get no Dynamic Content popping up.

Essentially I have been following this tutorial and I am stuck from 5m21s:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Qi5UNGj6k

I saw questions on this related to forms, but couldn't find the solutions helpful in this case.

Best,

Simone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Dynamic Content not showing: Sharepoint list + Office Outlook 365

Hi @divakova 

This is super easy as there is a template for you built right in that will do the hard part!.

Just select Flow from the SharePoint Library and then Select Reminder and pick your date field and specify how many days out you want it to trigger.

By default this groups all items on the same day in the email, if this is not suitable you can modify it to your desire.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you. Also, for the best results, you may want to review How to write a good forum post.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@divakova I have dug out one example that I use for sending reminders that a review is due in 7 days. In my SharePoint list I have a date column for NextReview  and a person column for Owner.

After the Recurrence that runs at 9am every day there is a SharePoint Get items action. We than add an apply to each control and select value from the dynamic content:

0-Trigger-Get-Apply.png

The next action is to add a Compose to format today's date. I always use US format for this to avoid ISO 8601 errors. Then we add another Compose and select NextReview from the dynamic content. 

1-Compose-Today-NextReview.png

Then add another Compose to calculate the reminder date: 

2-Compose-ReminderDate.png

Then format that date to to the same US format with another Compose: 

3-Compose-FormatReminder.png

The Condition is next that checks if Today is equal to 

4-Condition.png

If the reminder date is today then in the red If yes channel add an Office 365 Users Get user profile (v2) action and select the Owner email from dynamic content. I've then formatted the next review date into UK format and used that in the email.

5-GetProfile-Compose-Email.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @divakova 

This is super easy as there is a template for you built right in that will do the hard part!.

Just select Flow from the SharePoint Library and then Select Reminder and pick your date field and specify how many days out you want it to trigger.

By default this groups all items on the same day in the email, if this is not suitable you can modify it to your desire.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,525)