cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob-Clara
Level: Powered On

Dynamic Form - Best Option?

Hi All,

I'm currently looking into automating some forms in our department but having some issues understanding which would be the best way to come up with a solution. 

I've had a play with Flow, PowerApps, Form and InfoPath to find an apropriate solution but I feel im over thinking the process?

I basically want to create a form which when submitted can trigger a chain of events via flow, create a calendar event > Send an email based on the options selected within the form > Notifcation process etc.

Can anyone shed some light on the best way to create a form with dynamic data which can be used within Flow? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Dynamic Form - Best Option?

Any of the options that you mention will work, but I would suggest staying away from InfoPath unless you absolutely can't do without it.

Generally speaking (depending on where your data is stored), a Flow can run anytime you create a new record or when that data is updated.  Triggering the Flow, in most cases, is totally independent of the interface used to submit the data.

Most people would suggest using PowerApps rather than InfoPath in that InfoPath has a limited life and will be phased out.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Any of the options that you mention will work, but I would suggest staying away from InfoPath unless you absolutely can't do without it.

Generally speaking (depending on where your data is stored), a Flow can run anytime you create a new record or when that data is updated.  Triggering the Flow, in most cases, is totally independent of the interface used to submit the data.

Most people would suggest using PowerApps rather than InfoPath in that InfoPath has a limited life and will be phased out.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Rob-Clara
Level: Powered On

Thanks for responding Scott, 

I'll stick to using PowerApps as suggested! 

Cheers,

Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,208)