cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RachelRig
Advocate V
Advocate V

Dynamic Planner Board ID - Schema Validation Has Failed

Has anyone figured out how to make Planner board ID numbers dynamic? Is there any way to capture body properties of a Planner task that would allow me to get the board name?

I have a requirement to create a Planner board task from a SharePoint list item. The task should go to a different Planner board based on Product Name. The idea was to make the Planner board names exactly match the Product Name options, so that the Product Name from the list item could be captured as a variable and then plugged into the Create a Planner Task action, allowing the task to be created in the correct board. 

I could do this using a Switch statement that diverted based on Product Name, but the problem is that there will be over 200 products in play. Testing with a Switch statement, however, does work fine, and produces outputs like this:

plannerID-readable.PNG

Obviously this IS human-readable and matches my Product Name, but I'm not able to capture it and my test Flow using variables doesn't work because the actual PlanId, GroupId, and BucketId values are alpha-numeric strings that don't contain any readable version of the board, group, or bucket names:

planneroutputs.PNGplannerID.PNG

So this simple idea is a no-go:

createplannertask.PNG

Error given is: 

Schema validation has failed. Validation for field 'PlanId', on entity 'Task' has failed: The specified identifier is invalid.
Validation for field 'BucketId', on entity 'Task' has failed: The specified identifier is invalid.

Any ideas? I'm pondering storing PlanId numbers in another list to draw from in the Flow, or just making a bunch of separate Flows with trigger conditions on Product Name. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,605)