Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Paras
Level: Powered On

Dynamic content field is missing from approval flow

Hi team,

I am new to building flows and facing a couple of issues here :

1. I cannot find the 'Start an approval' action when creating flows from a blank template. It only comes with pre-defined templates such as 'Request Manager approvals for leave requests'. Capture1.JPG

So as an alternative I used the 'Start and wait for an approval (V2)' action with Approval Type 'Approve/Reject - First to respond' :

2. Now the second issue is that the 'Response' dynamic content field is missing in the following condition. Instead there is a 'Responses' field. Can I use this 'Responses' field to get the single response by the approver ?

Capture2.JPG

A similar post shows a screenshot with single 'Response' field:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/The-quot-Response-quot-option-is-Missing-in-the-q...

Following is my complete flow:flow.png

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Willemijn
Level 8

Re: Dynamic content field is missing from approval flow

Hi!

I think the name has changed, there is also a Start and wait for an approval without V2

image.png

The reason why in one place your output is called response, and in the other responses could that be because in the first case only one person needs to approve, and in the second one multiple people can approve? 

Paras
Level: Powered On

Thanks @Willemijn  for replying.

Yes, the action might have been renamed.

I want only one person to approve this (mentioned in the 'Assigned to' field) and expecting only one Response. That's why I have selected Approval type as 'Approve/Reject - First to respond' from the values available.  If this is not correct way to get single response then I am curoius to know what I have missed and what is the correct approval action to get single response.  

Regards.

Willemijn
Level 8

Potentially you could send your approval to more people, and the approval will be done by the first one that responds. Therefore I think your output name is responses. If you just send it to one person, only one will approve. 

My advise; just test it in this way with dummydata and see if the 'responses' dynamic content field is giving you what you want. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,168)