cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dms117
Regular Visitor

Dynamic content not displaying in output

Hello,

I have a simple flow that will post a message to Teams when a new file is added to a particular folder.  The flow works in that the message is appropriately triggered, but the message posted is not rendering dynamic content as the expected values.  Instead of seeing the name of the file in the created message, I'm seeing "@{triggerBody()?['DisplayName']}".  It appears that the flow isn't pulling the expected dynamic value from the file item, although the item is being created.  If this were an issue of there being no file reference, I'd expect that the flow would return an error, or else an empty string.  The fact I'm seeing the dynamic content refence being explicitly displaying instead of seeing the relevant value makes me think that I may be missing something in the configuration, but I can't determine what that might be.  If anyone has any ideas about this and how to correct it, I'd really appreciate the help.

Regards,

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dms117
Regular Visitor

I tried again this morning to work on this, and suddenly, my content is displaying.  I started by editing the Message content to wrap the dynamic content values in curly braces {}.  Then I ran the flow and the resulting message correctly displayed the content, not the code.  I then deleted the curly braces and the content is still working.

I'm not sure exactly what happened here, but my flow is now working as expected.  Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Dave

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ bangorkeith,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

What is the trigger of your flow?

Have take a try to choose the dynamic content of the value from the dynamic window in the "Message" field to post the message?

I have made a test on my side, if I fill in expression as you provided ,I would also get the expression instead of the value.

As an alternative way, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Note:Choose the dynamic content of the value you would like to post the message.

The flow would run successfully as below:

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Hi Alice,

I created my flow as you suggest.  Here is my flow in edit mode:

flow_edit.png

When I run the flow it works, but the message's dynamic content isn't shown as expected:

flow_successful.png

I'm guessing I might have some syntax wrong somewhere, but I'm still pretty new to Flow so I'm not sure where to find my error.  Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this!

Regards,

Dave

dms117
Regular Visitor

I tried again this morning to work on this, and suddenly, my content is displaying.  I started by editing the Message content to wrap the dynamic content values in curly braces {}.  Then I ran the flow and the resulting message correctly displayed the content, not the code.  I then deleted the curly braces and the content is still working.

I'm not sure exactly what happened here, but my flow is now working as expected.  Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Dave

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,844)