cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic file reference in Excel Online (Business) Create Table

I attempted to add a dynamicly created file reference for my action "Excel Online (Business) Create Table".

When I add file statically, the file reference is listed as:

/Lead Uploads/20190905 Leads 2.xlsx

However, when I use output from CreatedFilenameWithPath compose action, I get:

/Shared Documents/Lead Uploads/20190905 Leads 2.xlsx

I created CreatedFilenameWithPathNoShareFolderRef compose action with following expression:

Expression:
substring(outputs('CreatedFilenameWithPath'),17,sub(length(outputs('CreatedFilenameWithPath')),17))
Output:
/Lead Uploads/20190905 Leads 2.xlsx

This is the desired outcome of the expression, however, it is not accepted in the testing for the Create Table action.

Is there a limitation of using dynamic files, or do I have to use a different expression?

Grab file metadata using pathGrab file metadata using path

Use CreatedFilenameWithPathNoSharedFolderRef outputUse CreatedFilenameWithPathNoSharedFolderRef output

Test shows correct folder/file referenceTest shows correct folder/file reference

Test fails despite using correct folder/file referenceTest fails despite using correct folder/file reference

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Dynamic file reference in Excel Online (Business) Create Table

Hi @Dennis727 ,

The dynamic content in the File field is not supported in the "Create Table" action in microsoft flow, we could only choose a file from the File Browse in the "Create Table" action.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dennis727 ,

The dynamic content in the File field is not supported in the "Create Table" action in microsoft flow, we could only choose a file from the File Browse in the "Create Table" action.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-alzhan-msft,

Thanks for the response. Not the outcome I was hoping for, however, I will try another avenue.

thanks,

Dennis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,578)