cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jakson
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dynamically Create HTML document by Responses

I'm very new to this whole suite of information and what not. Please forgive any ignorance bleeding from me. LOL.

My boss has built a rather spiffy form. It's got several Booleans though which are raising hell in my attempts to convert these (highly variable) answers into extremely controlled HTML documents. If, in the process of compiling the HTML document to send to OneDrive, for any reason, any of the response fields that are expected in the HTML document are not provided anything (null), it throws a fatal error and the responses are "eaten".

To prevent this I've basically just rabbit holed myself down every possible answer tree. This is causing me to make not just 3 unique HTML documents, but 5 or more... the unfortunate part is that this is just one of three major divergences. (I will likely end up maintaining 15 or more versions of this one file...)

I was wondering, in the same way that programming languages like VBA and Python and Java can hold on to variables, is there any way to sort of "prime" an HTML document by use of If statements in the Flow?

(Please forgive the poor explanation.) Example:

Q1: Do you like hotdogs?

A1: Yes / No

If A1 =  "Yes" then append to (this specific HTML document in my OneDrive) this line of HTML tagged text to account for "Yes"

Else

If A1 = "No" then append this line of HTML tagged text to account for "No"

Is this a pie in the sky or am I asking about something that people have done before?

*****Edit

https://ryanmaclean365.com/2020/01/29/power-automate-html-table-styling/

This guy demonstrates a method similar to what I want to achieve, except my data is not formatted similarly enough to his to follow his example.

After further thinking on the issue, it seems I need to re-evaluate my entire methodology to achieve what I originally wanted to do.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,875)