cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCFCity
Regular Visitor

Dynamically assign approvals depending on number of managers

Hello everyone,

I am little overwhelmed with this problem that I have.

I want to create a flow wherein the user can request a inventory purchase and the request gets sent to all his managers. I work for a medium-sized company and some times the requester may have one manager and in other cases the requester may have three managers. All of them need to approve, dynamically, depending on who requests the inventory purchase. 

Example: 

I am Bob, a mechanic. I have 3 managers above me. I want to request a purchase. I fill out the MS Forms and submit. The approval should dynamically go to all of my 3 managers (Purchase Head, Head of Department, Senior Manager)

Steve, head of department, also has 3 managers, but he is in a higher position. When he requests a purchase, only his one manager should approve and not all three (Senior Manager, VP and CEO). 

So some times the approval should only go to one, some times to three people above the requester. I tried using the "jobTitle" filter from the "Get Manager" actions but to no avail (so far). 

Is there any way to achieve this? 

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,005)