cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCFCity
Frequent Visitor

Dynamically assign approvals depending on number of managers

Hello everyone,

I am little overwhelmed with this problem that I have.

I want to create a flow wherein the user can request a inventory purchase and the request gets sent to all his managers. I work for a medium-sized company and some times the requester may have one manager and in other cases the requester may have three managers. All of them need to approve, dynamically, depending on who requests the inventory purchase. 

Example: 

I am Bob, a mechanic. I have 3 managers above me. I want to request a purchase. I fill out the MS Forms and submit. The approval should dynamically go to all of my 3 managers (Purchase Head, Head of Department, Senior Manager)

Steve, head of department, also has 3 managers, but he is in a higher position. When he requests a purchase, only his one manager should approve and not all three (Senior Manager, VP and CEO). 

So some times the approval should only go to one, some times to three people above the requester. I tried using the "jobTitle" filter from the "Get Manager" actions but to no avail (so far). 

Is there any way to achieve this? 

Thank you!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,015)