Did you mean: 
Marty3012
Helper II
Helper II

Dynamically create Team Channel and Planner

Hi,

I have the following Flow;

ChannelPlanner.png

So when a List item is selected I get all the item details, then create a Channel in an existing Team using those details, and then try to create a Planner in the newly created Channel, using the Channels ID. The first 3 steps work but the HTTP request fails. I used the HTTP request as I understand currently there is not an Action that can create a Planner. When I test the above I get an 'Invalid ID' Error. I checked the ID that is created during the Flow;

HTTP.PNG

So the ID is '19:dc7291963c144a2da4e78cca707c5b6e@thread.skype'. As a test I tried creating another Flow that simply sends an HTTP request to the Channel with various different ID formats ;

• 19:dc7291963c144a2da4e78cca707c5b6e@thread.skype
  • dc729196-3c14-4a2d-a4e7-8cca707c5b6e
  • etc

None of them worked. Would anyone have an idea?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @Marty3012 

It seems that the id you're using is the Team ID, and you need the Group ID. If you always create the channel and plan in the same team, you could add it manually, and if not, use Office 365 Group actions to get them and filter according to its name.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi. The idea behind the Flow is that each time it is run a new Channel will be created within the same Team, along with a new Planner within each Channel created. I tried the following;

ChannelPlanner3.png

In this example I am able to get the ID for the Team but not the ID for the Channel. The Flow succeeded but no Planner was created as it requires a Channel to hold it.

Would you know how to use Office 365 Groups to get the actual Channel ID ?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,454)