Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuCundy
Post Patron
Post Patron

Dynamically get an excel file

Hi there

I am wanting to add row into a table by getting the excel file dynamically.  There has been a bit on this and I wonder if it is still not possible.

IF create an excel file where the name of the worksheet and the table get the name from the GroupTitle.  Lets say its called "Urawa2020"  So my excel worksheet is Urawa2020.xlxs, the table is called Urawa2020.

I get the SP list with "get items" and use an ODATA filter for the "GroupTitle " .  

Then I wish to "Add a row into a table" sheet using Dynamic content like the image below

Odata.png

excel-dynamic.png

I get the following error.

{
  "error": {
    "code": "",
    "message": "The request entity's media type 'text/plain' is not supported for this resource."
  },
  "debugInfo": "clientRequestId: 73379038-6228-4daa-962a-ea11c7d42cd8"
}

Does this mean we cannot dynamically call excel files to Automate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StuCundy ,

Please check the limitations of Excel connector in this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/#known-issues-and-limitations

We should fill File’s id or File identifier in the File field if you want to configure this field manually instead of pick file from the file picker.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StuCundy ,

Please check the limitations of Excel connector in this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/excelonlinebusiness/#known-issues-and-limitations

We should fill File’s id or File identifier in the File field if you want to configure this field manually instead of pick file from the file picker.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,475)