New to flow, but not new to 365, integrations using Scribe, SSIS, or other tools. We are moving to 365 and have the need to do integrations from one system to 365. One such integration is into the "Connections" entity to set Customer vs. Site relationship types. When sending data into 365, all we have is the AccountNumber, not the GUID. The account number is an alternate key on the Entity, but I am not finding a way to perform a lookup on this without doing a query first and storing the value into a variable. Is there an expression that can be used to take a "cust_no" field, look against the Account Number field on the Account entity and return the AccountId?
FYI, Kingswaysoft connectors for SSIS do this very easily and very well.
Do you want to get the Account GUID of an account within your Accounts entity based on the Account Number?
I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:
Within Filter array action, From set to output of the "List records" action, within condition box, left input box set to Account Number dynamic content of the "List records" action, right input box set to the AccountNumber (e.g. "1001") of an account that you want to lookup, middle drop down, choose is equal to.
The flow works successfully as below:
Please let me know if the above solution could solve your problem.
It's more like below: I have the account numbers as listed in the create record ... but I don't have the GUID's.. I'd like to avoid adding steps above to query the account and get the GUID.
Right now I'm just doing a get rows odata query based on the customer number, returning the ID and then using that.. but this increases time and adds queries I'm hoping aren't needed.
Each time we use list records based on the Odata query and use the GUID, it adds an "Apply to Each".
They have set the maximum nesting limit as '8' and the moment we add the 9th List records and use the value within an update a record, we get the following error:
The power flow's logic app flow template was invalid. The template actions 'Update_a_record' are nested at level '9' which exceeds the maximum nesting limit of '8'.
I am trying to create/update the accounts/contacts in D365 for Sales from the Customers entity in D365 for Operations and there are a lot of lookups for data like method of payment, terms of payment, etc.
Really wish that the architecture of D365 for Sales was simple like how it is in D365 for Operations.
Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!
We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!