cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgraflund
Level: Powered On

Dynamics 365 Get Account GUID based off of Account Number

New to flow, but not new to 365, integrations using Scribe, SSIS, or other tools.  We are moving to 365 and have the need to do integrations from one system to 365.  One such integration is into the "Connections" entity to set Customer vs. Site relationship types.  When sending data into 365, all we have is the AccountNumber, not the GUID.  The account number is an alternate key on the Entity, but I am not finding a way to perform a lookup on this without doing a query first and storing the value into a variable.  Is there an expression that can be used to take a "cust_no" field, look against the Account Number field on the Account entity and return the AccountId?  

FYI, Kingswaysoft connectors for SSIS do this very easily and very well.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamics 365 Get Account GUID based off of Account Number

Hi @sgraflund,

Do you want to get the Account GUID of an account within your Accounts entity based on the Account Number?

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:23.JPG

Within Filter array action, From set to output of the "List records" action, within condition box, left input box set to Account Number dynamic content of the "List records" action, right input box set to the AccountNumber (e.g. "1001") of an account that you want to lookup, middle drop down, choose is equal to

The flow works successfully as below:24.JPG

Please let me know if the above solution could solve your problem.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sgraflund

It's more like below:  I have the account numbers as listed in the create record ... but I don't have the GUID's.. I'd like to avoid adding steps above to query the account and get the GUID.

sgraflund

snip_20180502085305.png

sgraflund

Any thoughts?  

Right now I'm just doing a get rows odata query based on the customer number, returning the ID and then using that.. but this increases time and adds queries I'm hoping aren't needed.  

Highlighted
AamirSohail

Each time we use list records based on the Odata query and use the GUID, it adds an "Apply to Each".

They have set the maximum nesting limit as '8' and the moment we add the 9th List records and use the value within an update a record, we get the following error:

The power flow's logic app flow template was invalid. The template actions 'Update_a_record' are nested at level '9' which exceeds the maximum nesting limit of '8'.

I am trying to create/update the accounts/contacts in D365 for Sales from the Customers entity in D365 for Operations and there are a lot of lookups for data like method of payment, terms of payment, etc.

Really wish that the architecture of D365 for Sales was simple like how it is in D365 for Operations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,674)