cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics 365 - Identifying which field changed

Hi all,

I am using the "Dynamics 365 > When a record is updated" trigger on one of my flows.

However, I really only want my flow to trigger when a specific field is updated. Is there any way to trigger my flow in this manner, or an "IF" statement I could somehow construct? 

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

No, at least currently this is not available.

The trigger would fire if any of the fields has been modified.

There is an idea submitted on this:

Trigger a flow when a specif SharePoint list field is updated.

You may upvote this idea, or create one for Dynamics 365 ->When a record is updated trigger.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Regular Visitor

Microsoft Flow – Perform action on update of specific field in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement:

https://www.inogic.com/blog/2018/11/microsoft-flow-perform-action-on-update-of-specific-field-in-dyn...

Now we can trigger flow based on specific field.
To achieve it, you have to configure your flow using CDS connector and user advance settings of CDS connector you will find list of all entity fields and you can select them to trigger your flow.
I hope it help!!

Triggers that run when a record is updated can also use filtering attributes. This ensures that the flow only runs when any of the defined attributes are updated.

Important : Use filter attributes to prevent your flow from unnecessarily running.

This flow triggers any time the first or last name of contact that the flow user owns is updated.

image.png

[Ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/connection-cds#initiate-a-flow-from-common-data-serv...]

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,977)