cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CParker
Level: Powered On

Dynamics 365 List Records Approvals - One email containing multiple approvals

Hi All,

I have a desired outcome that I've been seeking an answer to for a few days so I thought I'd post the question.

Scenario

We have a measurable output from out Dynamics 365 system, which we would like a manager to approve on a weekly basis.

I've got my flow to a point where:

1. It can be triggered with a recurrance (every 7 days)

2. Lists Records (Dyn 365) based on business unit (each record has a business unit linked to it), and being created in the past 7 days

3. Puts the extracted records list a html table

4. The html table is inserted into a 'Send Email with Options' (Endorse, Question or Reject) action for sending to the respective manager

5. When a response is received, a field in each of the records in the list is populated to record the Endorsement/Request for More Information/Rejection (Using Conditions and some other steps)

Question

Is it possible to have the one email containing all outputs from the Dynamics 365 List Records, but have a set of buttons (Endorse, Question, Reject) for each one?

The issue is that as it stands, only one option can be selected for all records which wouldn't correct in a lot of cases. E.g. it's likely that one week there may be 7 records and all of them are endorsed but the next week there may be 3 records with one of them being endorsed with 2 being questioned.

We're basically trying to avoid getting one approval email per record, as there could be many records, and it seems more efficient if all records requiring approval could be contained in one email.

Regards, Cam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamics 365 List Records Approvals - One email containing multiple approvals

Hi @CParker,

What Flow can do now is to integrate all the records into an Html table and send it as the body of the email.

However, it is not possible to set a button for each record in the html table in email.

I am afraid that relying on the existing features of Flow cannot achieve your needs.

If you want such a feature to be supported by MS Flow, please consider posting your idea in the Flow Ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamics 365 List Records Approvals - One email containing multiple approvals

Hi @CParker,

What Flow can do now is to integrate all the records into an Html table and send it as the body of the email.

However, it is not possible to set a button for each record in the html table in email.

I am afraid that relying on the existing features of Flow cannot achieve your needs.

If you want such a feature to be supported by MS Flow, please consider posting your idea in the Flow Ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CParker
Level: Powered On

Hey @v-bacao-msft,

Thanks for your reply :-)

I shall start up a post there to see what the feel is for this functionality.

Cam.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 4,322 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: