cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Dynamics 365 - MS Flow error while running manual flows

Hi

I am getting the below error when I run the manual flow from a contact record in CRM.

Flow's trigger is 'When a record is selected'.

Ondemand flow error.PNG

@ashlega @abm 

Could you advise please?

Thanks

Vik

4 REPLIES 4

@Vikram87 - Did you create the Flow? Is it set up to run under a Service Principal or a specific user? (check the flow owner)

Also, check if this can be set to a Team Flow where it can be run by multiple users.

Hi @Vikram87 ,

Can you please confirm your trigger is when a record is selected and you are indeed running it from D365 using flow. Or you are trying to run the flow manually by clicking on test button option in flow.

Thanks

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Vikram87 

This error means you are passing a null value when you create the record and system is expecting a string value here. Could you please check your record schema and check any mandatory fields you are missing or not.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies.

I figured it out, I am using CDS connector and the organisation was old instance that was causing the error. When I changed it back to correct environment this error got fixed.

Thanks

Vik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,351)