cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saratha30_M
Helper I
Helper I

Dynamics 365 - Microsoft Flow - Organization Connection

I am using Dynamics 365 V9 Online instance. I have created a Microsoft flow which is calling during update of entity. it is working fine. My doubt is, I have added organization connection as current using organization. It is hardcoded organization name. So, if I am creating solution and install in other instance, the flow is showing connection issue. In CDS entity update flow, showing connection as "Current". So when I am installing solution it will take current organization connection. But Dynamics 365 update record flow, not showing current option in the list.

Please find the below screen shot

D365-Flow-OrgConnection.png

Please suggest a solution, how to do automated organization connection during install the solution on another dynamics 365 online instance.

3 REPLIES 3

@Saratha30_M 

Hi there - Is there a specific reason you want to use the D365 trigger over the CDS one?  That should resolve the concern, and also give you the ability to monitor a specific field for the update (if needed).

20191023a.PNG

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Hi Edgonzales,

I have created dynamics crm sales base custom solution. All the custom entities are present in Dynamics crm.  So, I have used the flow on triggering dynamics 365 update record. I didn't use any CDS entity in my solution.

@Saratha30_M 

So, my understanding is that CDS is pretty much the back end of D365 (unless you're on-premises?).

Try building a Flow using the trigger in CDS, select the same entity that you would in D365 and see if that helps.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,504)