cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balgaire2814

Dynamics 365. Trying to update two tables when a third table is updated, but I'm having trouble with duplicate detection.

So, I have way to get data into a staging table from SQL. This contains information that will end up in two different tables, Contacts, and a custom entity that is similar to a case entity (event). 

I have successfully created a flow that will update the contact table with a new contact, and the event table with the new event when a single row with all the data is added to the staging table. The problem is, that this does not seem to trigger the duplicate detection rules we have set up in dynamics to avoid duplicate contacts (last name and a customer ID) and and duplicate events (an event ID and customer last name).

Since the event is tied to the contact, I need to check and see if the contact exists. If so, skip to event creation. If not, create the contact with first name, last name, and customer ID.

Then I need to see if the event already exists. If not, create it linking it to the contact. If so, do nothing.

The Dataverse connectors have not been playing nicely with me, so I have been using the deprecated D365 connectors. Everything is working fine without duplicate detection.

I'm relatively new to PA and suggestions of how to move forward greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Balgaire2814 

You could do the filtering check using the new Dataverse connector?  

image.png

Can't see what's stopping you to filtering like the above to make sure the record exists or not?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Balgaire2814 

You could do the filtering check using the new Dataverse connector?  

image.png

Can't see what's stopping you to filtering like the above to make sure the record exists or not?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
Balgaire2814

Hi @abm , thanks for replying. This was helpful and I did figure out the Dataverse connector. Ultimately, I think this was a concurrency issue. Some flows further downstream were completing after the duplicate check of the original, and that's how the duplicates were getting through. I set concurrency to 1 things seem to be working now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,159)