cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamics 365 triggers not triggering

I have a flow that is triggered when a Dynamics record is created or updated, but it doesn't trigger until I go to the flow and turn it off and back on again or edit flow->save.

flow.PNG

Not facing the same issue for other triggers (like Twitter), so guessing nothing to do with license.

I am using the latest version of Chrome as as browser, our network activity is very good

The dynamics instance that I am testing on is TIP (Test in Production) for Dynamics CRM developers.

Is there any way to find out the reason for flows and triggers not working or taking a long time to start?

This unreliability makes it very difficult to leverage the same and demonstrate it's potential to any senior members of staff.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamics 365 triggers not triggering

Hi @sandeepnmenon,

The issue could not be reproduced by me.

According to your description, I have created a simple flow to send out a push notification when a dynamics record is updated. It will be triggered once a record in the specified entity is updated.

There is no need for me to turn it off and back on or edit the flow.

I am using Edge, and Production instance for testing.

1.PNG

Which Flow Plan are you using?

If you are using trigger for Dynamics 365 – When a record is created, will it have the same issue? 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft

I am using "Microsoft Flow Free" product license, which as per my understaning does 5-min checks. I have waited for more than that time. And as soon as I do a blank edit-save, the flow is triggered.

Yes, the same issue for "record is created" trigger as well.

Matt_Taylor
Level: Powered On

If it helps I am getting the exact same issue - the flow will not run unless I disable and then enable the Flow (I've waited several hours even though we should be on the P2, 1 minute refresh). 

Microsoft, any ideas? This is a deal-breaker for us

garda
Level: Power Up

Hi guys,

have you been able to fix the issue? I'm having exactly same problem

Highlighted
Matt_Taylor
Level: Powered On

I have to admit I didn't follow up on the Microsoft response yet (sending copy of Flow and Flow plan etc.) but I did find a workaround that suited our needs:

Rather than using the Dynamics 365 connectors I used the Common Data Service connectors and they all seem to trigger without issue - I believe we're on P2 so we see most of these run instantly but not more than a minute as promised. 

garda
Level: Power Up

I have done exactly the same. Colleague from Microsoft recommended me to use the CDS connectors instead the D365 connectors in MS Flow.

It helped.

>