cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics 365

Hello guys,

I was trying to create a flow with the planner and dynamics 365.

I want to create a record in the tasks entity in the Dynamics 365 when the task is created in the planner.

Does anyone try that? Any ideas? 

I am getting this error: "Property ismapiprivate is not valid for write"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Thanks for replies. In tthe end I solved the problem by recreating MS Dynamics environment. It seems that mine was broken.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Can you show the flow run history?

Something like this:

FlowHistoryDynamics365.PNG

For me it worked so most likely you are setting different fields or fields with different values..

Anonymous
Not applicable

{
  "subject""Test #4 Dynamics",
  "description""Test #4 Dynamics",
  "scheduledend""2018-05-04T10:00:00Z",
  "actualdurationminutes"120,
  "_prioritycode_label""Normal",
  "isregularactivity"true,
  "actualend"null,
  "actualstart""2018-04-30T10:00:00Z",
  "isbilled"false,
  "isworkflowcreated"false,
  "percentcomplete"50,
  "scheduledstart""2018-04-30T10:00:00Z",
  "_instancetypecode_label""Not Recurring",
  "_deliveryprioritycode_label""Normal",
  "ismapiprivate"false,
  "leftvoicemail"false
}

Anonymous
Not applicable

flow_request.PNG

I tried replicating  the same but I'm not seeing a property "ismapiprivate" Is that a cusotmisation on your Task entity?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, there is none. 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt607619.aspx

You can see from that link that such field exists.

"ismapiprivate"

ismapiprivate

Edm.Boolean

Description: For internal use only.

Inherited from: activitypointer EntityType

I thought you were creating a Task but on my task entity that field doesn't exist.

Isprivate.PNG

I tried creating an Activity but it isn't possible to create and activity as I'm getting:

message""The 'Create' method does not support entities of type 'activitypointer'.",

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am creating a task also, and I also do not have such field in my Task entity. I do not know where it is coming from. 

I had the the same error: "The 'Create' method does not support entities of type 'activitypointer'.", when I tried creating an activity so I switched to Task.

Anyway, thanks for your help.  

I will search further. 

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow's configuration?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. In addition, I could not find the ismapiprivate Property within the "Create a new record" action of Dynamivcs 365 connector. My flow's configuration as below:6.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:7.JPG

The error message told that the ismapiprivate Property is not valid for write. Based on the article that you provided, the ismapiprivate Property is a internal property in Tasks entity, we could not edit it or assign a value to it within Microsoft Flow.

Please take a try to clear cache of your browser and re-create your flow to check if the issue is solved. If you have any further discovery in this issue, please let me know here.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, I guess we got this message because we create an Activity then we switch to Task. 

When I first created Activity. I got error: The 'Create' method does not support entities of type 'activitypointer'. -> we need to define specificly as it is a Task/Phone call/Appointment.

After I updated that step to 'Create a Task' and got the same error "Property ismapiprivate is not valid for write". Look like it carrys on that property from Activities to Task. 

I recreated the flow with a brand new 'Create a Task' step and it works. Hope it helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Thanks for replies. In tthe end I solved the problem by recreating MS Dynamics environment. It seems that mine was broken.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,979)