cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAL
Level: Power Up

Dynamics CRM - trigger on record delete

I am moving out of CRM processes and into MS Flow using it for business rules in our CRM.

I have a flow created to trigger on Record deleted (Contact) in Dynamics, but it does not run. Other record based flows (created or updated) run fine. What am I missing?

Thx

Per

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Dynamics CRM - trigger on record delete

Hi @PAL ,

There is no work around for this. When flow gets deleted a dynamics record you won't be getting any details in subsequent flow actions.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi @PAL ,

I just tried one and worked ok for me.

Do you have permission to delete the record? Most likely yes. Also check the Dynamics connector credentails? Is that user got permissions for delete? 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

PAL

The connector runs with my account which is CRM admin. When I click "Permissions" (top right corner) it also says to include deletions. Weird...

Could mention that I tried this flow out in the Sandbox first, where it worked without problems.

Super User
Super User

Hi @PAL ,

Difficult to say what's causing the issue.

Try creating another flow and see whether that works. Disable the current one.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @PAL,

Could you share us the screenshots of your Flow run situation? The Flow doesn't run, it means the action delete record stocked? Have you checked the record whether it is deleted? 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
PAL

I just checked this again, after you reply and to my astonishment the has run this morning! Contacts are deleted continuously so why this suddenly kicked in I don't know.

Then I realised that I get the same problem as I used to have in the CRM processes, that once the Contact is deleted the data cannot be referenced. So the Contact data I want written in the excel file is already gone. Is there a way in Flow around this?

Super User
Super User

Hi @PAL ,

There is no work around for this. When flow gets deleted a dynamics record you won't be getting any details in subsequent flow actions.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 314 members 6,115 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: