cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffASnet
Level: Powered On

Dynamics Online Task List coming due - Email

Hello all and thanks in advance!

I am trying to create a flow that will run every day in the morning.  The intention is:

Get a list of Dynamics online tasks with a due date = today

Send a single email with a list of those tasks including basic pertinent info:

Task name

Description

Regarding

(Regarding contact info: Email, primary number IF possible)

If someone could help with the syntax/expressions/etc I would be very grateful.  Still relatively new to flow.  I started with:    

Recurrance (Every 1 Day 8am)

Data Operation - Compose (formatDateTime(utcNow(),'MM/dd/YYYY')"}]})

Dynamics - List Records ("orgname", Tasks, Filter: statecode = 'Open')

Add a condition - This automatically became 'Apply to Each'

And thats where I got lost, because that seems to suggest an individual email per item, which I definately do not want.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dynamics Online Task List coming due - Email

Hi @JeffASnet,

You mean that after using Apply_to_each, Flow will send you an email when it detects that a task is eligible, but you want to receive only one email every day.

All you have to do now is to include the information of the eligible task in this email.

Maybe you could add a addtional condition in the Filter query of the List Records action to filter the Tasks that match the time, so you could avoid using Apply_to_each. You no longer need to configure the Condition.

27.PNG

Then use the Compose-- Select action to get the basic pertinent info. Select the corresponding value populate from Dynamic content options. Store them in a table and send them as the body of the email.

28.PNG

Please take a try and let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JeffASnet,

You mean that after using Apply_to_each, Flow will send you an email when it detects that a task is eligible, but you want to receive only one email every day.

All you have to do now is to include the information of the eligible task in this email.

Maybe you could add a addtional condition in the Filter query of the List Records action to filter the Tasks that match the time, so you could avoid using Apply_to_each. You no longer need to configure the Condition.

27.PNG

Then use the Compose-- Select action to get the basic pertinent info. Select the corresponding value populate from Dynamic content options. Store them in a table and send them as the body of the email.

28.PNG

Please take a try and let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Barry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

JeffASnet

Hi Barry, 

Thank you for the reply.  I am able to get the solution you offered to work if I eliminate the OData query.  The issue specifically seems to be around statecode.  I attempted the statecode filter in another test solution and I get the same on either.  I am using the exact syntax you show in your reply [statecode eq 'Open']

The tests fail at the Get List item with:

{
  "status"400,
  "message""A binary operator with incompatible types was detected. Found operand types 'Edm.Int32' and 'Edm.String' for operator kind 'Equal'.",
  "source""avyachts.crm.dynamics.com",
  "errors": [],
  "debugInfo""clientRequestId: c6d66b8b-4671-49ac-84ed-71dec64fb9b6"
}

I have attempted the filter using OData query with single, double, and no quotes and it fails each time.

Thanks,

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JeffASnet,

Could you share the configuration in your Filter query?

I am afraid that the previous post has caused you misunderstanding. My configuration in the Filter query is just an example.

The main thing is to configure it according to your own actual situation.

As for what you said [statecode eq 'Open'], I noticed that in your first post, the Condition set that section has this condition, so I added it.

Please make sure that the condition of the Filter query configuration is what actually exists in your Entity.

Best Regards,

Barry

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @JeffASnet!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! It appears as though @v-bacao-msft would like some more information in order to further assist you properly with your issue. Please share any additional information that was requested in order to decrease the amount of time that it will take for you to be assisted!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
JeffASnet

HI Barry, 

Thanks for keeping up on this.  We were able to figure out a more meaningful way to filter to what our client really needed, so the specific query I was troubled with is no longer an issue.  However, you initial response with the detailed explanation and images got me where I needed to be.  I have accepted it as the the answer to my question.  Thanks for the very helpful response to this Newbie 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,323)