cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

E-Mail to Excel

Hi! I want to create a flow where specific Content from an incoming E-Mail for example where the subject = „Zeugnis“ will be written into an Excel online Document. The available connectors / Templates doesn’t work. I insert the storage place (in my case onedriveforbusiness), also the document library (in my case onedrive) and I also add an Excel Document which is on my OnedriveforBusiness Account. So far so good. But after that I have to choose the name of the table of my chosen document. And no matter which Document i choose there pops always up a message „no elements“. But there a definitely tables in my document...
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: E-Mail to Excel

Hi @Alexentz,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Do you have trouble to get a table on the "Excel Online (Business)" connector?

Does the file you would get a table from is a new created file when the flow runs?

When you use the "Excel Online (Business)" connector, you could only get the file content( or table) from a existing file before the flow runs.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

hey @v-yuazh-msft,

thanks for your reply. I don't know how to add a screenshot via this Rich Text Editor to this chat...

To your questions: Yes it seems that the Excel Online Business COnnector coudln't find a table in my excel document. But there is definitely one there. And yes it is also a new excel file that I created when the flow runs. So the file does exist. Otherwise I wouldn't be able choose the file in the third Step of the Excel Business Connector...

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alexentz,

When you use the "Excel Online (Business)" connector, you could only get the file content( or table) from a existing file before the flow runs, and you couldn't get the  file content( or table) from a new created file when a flow runs.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

I don't get it... Of course was my file existing. Otherwise I couldn't select it...

I didn't understand your answer right before... sorry.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,849)