Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HerbAuster
Advocate II
Advocate II

Edit SharePoint form with Power Automate

Hi *,

I have manually created some SharePoint lists. Now I backup the SharePoint lists at the beginning of a new fiscal year with Power Automate, so that the ID of the rows starts at one again and create new SharePoint lists with this backup flow. This works now so far.

The only thing is that I would like to recreate the form view of the newly created lists as I did for the original lists with PowerApps.

So, for example, you can display the individual list entries in a form view, but not change the entries. Using PowerApps I have set DisplayMode.View for each field.

Can I somehow save the custom form of the original manually created lists to reassign to the new lists created by the flow (or something like that)?

It would be ideal if I could add such a function to my backup flow.

Does anyone have an idea how to realize something like this ?

Regards

Herb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kcronic1
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @HerbAuster ; 

In reviewing your post I understand your looking to be able to export Customized Power Apps forms from your Sharepoint list to a newly created list. 

If that's the case here is a link from an external source that may provide some guidance on that: 
Exporting and Importing a Power Apps SharePoint Form to another List - SharePoint Pals

Hopefully this helps! 🙂

Regards,

Kristie

Community Support Team

If this post helps, then please click on the "Accept it as the solution" to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: Get Help + Support - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kcronic1
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @HerbAuster ; 

In reviewing your post I understand your looking to be able to export Customized Power Apps forms from your Sharepoint list to a newly created list. 

If that's the case here is a link from an external source that may provide some guidance on that: 
Exporting and Importing a Power Apps SharePoint Form to another List - SharePoint Pals

Hopefully this helps! 🙂

Regards,

Kristie

Community Support Team

If this post helps, then please click on the "Accept it as the solution" to help the other members find it more quickly.

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: Get Help + Support - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

Hi @Kcronic1,

Thank you very much for this article.
Really a very interesting approach.
However, I was actually thinking more of a solution that I can implement with Power Automate. I'll have to think about it again and see if maybe I should go a completely different route.
Thanks again

Regards

Herb

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,781)