cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBach20
Frequent Visitor

Edits and modifications to Sharepoint list item flow

Hi

I am trying to create a flow to send an email which shows the changes made to a Sharepoint list item.

Currently, I have a separate flow for that list which sends an email with the item details.

I would like a second flow so that if the item is modified, another email is sent showing what has changed since the previous version (there may be multiple modifications / versions). Versioning has been enabled.

I currently have the following steps:

1. When an item or a file is modified
  2. Get changes for an item or file (properties only)
  3. Send an HTTP request to SharePoint
  4. I guess from there I should be able to “send an email” showing the changes?

However, the flow is failing at Step 3 with a “500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR”. The how to fix is not particularly helpful “You should be able to fix this by verifying your account with . You may need to re-enter your password.”

Any help would be appreciated… Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @MBach20 ,

for the error, try to check the connection you're using in the HTTP request to SharePoint, maybe it needs update. Or try to create a new one.

On the other side, why don't you use the OOTB SharePoint Alerts that can send you an email with overview of the changes? It'll show also the columns that were not changed, but I think the Power Automate flow will be quite complicated if it should dynamically recognise only the columns that were changed and send them in an email. 

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @MBach20 ,

for the error, try to check the connection you're using in the HTTP request to SharePoint, maybe it needs update. Or try to create a new one.

On the other side, why don't you use the OOTB SharePoint Alerts that can send you an email with overview of the changes? It'll show also the columns that were not changed, but I think the Power Automate flow will be quite complicated if it should dynamically recognise only the columns that were changed and send them in an email. 

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,264)