cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melody

Email AAD Users + Approval + Generate a follow up email when no response

Kia Ora,

I have a few questions about auditing an AAD and sending emails to those users 🙂 I'm open to any suggestions on making this more effective!

First!

Is it possible to check the users of an AAD and send individual emails to those users? If not, is it possible to automate a data extraction of all the AAD users into say Excel and then send emails to those users?

Emails to Users

1. I want to send an email with a request for the recipient to review the content of the email and provide a response. The email is asking if the user still requires access to an AAD and if so a renewal approval process is required. The action could be a link to a form, document in Sharepoint, or anywhere (ideas welcome) 
  2. If the user responds and wishes to keep their AAD access, great! This is where an approval process to renew will kick in. The approval would be sent to their manager via Teams and via email approval. 
  3. If approved by users manager, an approval is posted to a dedicated Teams channel for final approval by myself.
    - If not approved by users manager their AAD access is revoked and removed, an email sent to them to advise of the outcome and details added to a Sharepoint file including the AAD, user details, date of rejection and managers reason(s) why.
    - If approved by myself an email is sent to the user and manager advising of outcome and details written to a Sharepoint file including the AAD, user details, date of renewal, and managers justification for renewal.
    - If not approved by myself the users AAD access is revoked and removed, an email sent to the user and manager to advise of the outcome and details added to a Sharepoint file including the AAD, user details, date of rejection and my reason(s) why.
  4. If the user responds and no longer requires access; AAD access is removed, an email is sent to the user and manager advising of outcome and details written to a Sharepoint file including the AAD, user details, date of removal, and reason(s) why.
  5. If the original email is not responded to within 3 business days I want to send a templated reminder email.
  6. Then finally 2 business days after that, if no response to either emails I want to revoke that users access to an AAD and have the user automatically removed and an email to advise this action has been taken. I would also like to write the action taken to a Sharepoint document including the AAD, user details, date revoked and reason why

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,143)