cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pladavm
Level 8

Email Address

The trigger for Gmail has a field called "From"  which output provides:  FIrstName LastName <email address> 

I only want the email address without "<" ">"  "First Name" "Last Name" as I would like this to be the label on my trello card. Trello doesn't accept < > these symbols so I need them removed.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Email Address

Hi @pladavm,

So here you are using the Gmail When a new email arrives as the trigger of your flow?

If yes, then we should be able to get the Email address by adding a Compose Action, under the Compose input, copy and paste the following:

"@first(split(last(split(triggerbody()['From'],'<')),'>'))"

Reference for the language used here: Workflow Definition Language.

7.PNG

See the results:

8.PNG

Then use the Outputs Dynamic Content of the Compose action to fill hte Email part.

9.PNG

If you need any further help on this, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pladavm,

So here you are using the Gmail When a new email arrives as the trigger of your flow?

If yes, then we should be able to get the Email address by adding a Compose Action, under the Compose input, copy and paste the following:

"@first(split(last(split(triggerbody()['From'],'<')),'>'))"

Reference for the language used here: Workflow Definition Language.

7.PNG

See the results:

8.PNG

Then use the Outputs Dynamic Content of the Compose action to fill hte Email part.

9.PNG

If you need any further help on this, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

pladavm
Level 8

That's great @v-micsh-msft Michael thank you!

Can you please confirm if the code will also work if there is no first name last name or < > e.g. email@domain.com comes through and nothing else?

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pladavm,

I think this code should only work with the Gmail trigger, as this trigger would return the FROM content in the steady format, which then we could take use of to get what we want.

If the first Name or Last Name contains nothing, this code also works with the Gmail trigger. Tested.

Regards,

Michael

pladavm
Level 8

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Thank you! What would the code be for the outlook as it does similar first name last name <> thing as well? Would it not be the same?

I read the article you linked in your response and a I did a lot of reading about this Azure logic code but I am finding it difficult to find a structured learning course so i can understand how to use data operation compose function properly.

Do you have any suggestions on how to learn data opertion compose functions? What is the term I should be googling? Azure logic code? 

Courtenay
Level: Powered On

Hi there,

Courtenay from Parserr here. Just wanted to let you know. This is exactly what Parserr does We were added to Flow last week and very excited about it.

Parserr allows you to turn incoming emails into useful data to use in various other 3rd party systems.You can use to extract anything trapped in email including email body contents and attachments.

In your case, you could setup a rule on Parserr to extract the First and last names for every email. In flow, you could use that data with any of the other connectors.

Let me know if you need any help.

pladavm
Level 8

Hi Courtney, what is the website for Parserr?

Does it parse PDFs as well as email? 

Courtenay
Level: Powered On

Hi @pladavm,

Not currently but its at the top of our backlog.

Would you like me to let youknow when its ready?

Drop me an email at courtenay at parserr.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

Is it possible in microsoft flow to send email by excel column (only project manager name not email address),because our manager dont want to add email address manually in excel file.

Status         Project      Item      Type      Start Date            End date              project manager      
Pending       SwS          Java                    15/05/2018           15/08/2018               Dominique philippi
Pending       SI              Python                 08/05/2018           17/08/2018               Arnaud ferrand
Pending       GSS          Ruby                    06/05/2018           05/08/2018               Janice Lagundi

Please reply me.

Regards
Vikas kaushik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 105 members 5,239 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: