cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Email Auto Responder

All,

We have a flow that is setup to auto respond to an email when it comes in, when it comes in we want it to reply and tell them that if they have not had a call back in about 15 minutes to call back. We have created it over and over but always get some sort of loop. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop auto responding loops from being created here? Below is the latest flow we created.

Post image

Post image

Originally this we setup with the advance options for many different subjects, addresses, etc. but MS Support told me that they were too involved and the flow was not working properly (We had a time where things that should have been stopped were still coming in).

I was hoping someone would have an idea on how to setup something like "If X amount of emails from the same address come back within X amount of time stop responding" but am not super familiar with flows and could not find that the last time I looked.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @selmer I have some ideas around this but just want to be sure that I've got my head around the looping issue. When you say that it's looping, is this because the recipient has an out-of-office or some other auto response on it? Therefore the auto-responses just keep triggering to each other?

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @selmer,

If you want to prevent the Flow triggered multiple times by the same Email sender, I think it's hard to do. As a workaround, I think you could get recent emails, filter the emails' sender is the same as the newly received one, then filter these emails whether were received in 30 minutes (for example). After that, use the length() function to get the number of the emails, if the number of emails is less than 5 (for example), call back this Email.

Received Time is greater than addMinutes(utcNow(),-30)
length(body('Filter_array_2'))

Annotation 2019-09-20 143741.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

@MattWeston365 ,

Yes, the loop is occuring because there us either someones Out Of Office is replying or more frequently it is an automated service like a "No-Reply" or something that also generates a response every time it is emailed. That is why we have some subjects and emails setup to deny but without fail we will end up finding one that starts at like say 9pm and we wake up to thousands of emails, trying to resolve that from happening.

Highlighted

Hi @selmer you could try adding a condition to your Trigger so that your Flow won't run if the subject starts with RE. To do this, click on the ellipsis for your trigger, and then add a trigger condition at the bottom of the settings screen. This will take the format of an expression so will have to evaluate to true in order to run.

Condition.PNG

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,934)