cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kylevallentine
Helper II
Helper II

Email Notification not sending past first flow rule

Hello - I am trying to get an email to send when a new item is added to a SharePoint when a specific field is triggered. You can see by the picture I have two (there are more) processes. The first "HOME TYPE = SDU" works and sends the email, however, it will not send based on the zip code in the other. 

What am I doing wrong? In my mind, if SDU is not selected, it would automatically flow to look for the zip code and send it to the respective person. 

distro pic.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@kylevallentine  This is not a correct way to create array. Filter array is used when you have list of collection and want to filter column value etc.

This will not help you here.

Simply write all your zip codes in a compose action seperated by comma.

Then in condition use this-

Outputs('compose') contains yourzip column.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Move "CORISSA" to the leftmost "If no".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Thanks for the tip. That didn't work. There are a few layers of zip codes I am trying to layer so maybe that is causing something? Seems pretty straightforward, but the email only sends to the initial home type and doesn't use the "NO" side of things. Attached is a photo of how I set it up. 

Flow.PNG

@kylevallentine  Pls use one compose action and pass you zip column in it. Run your flow and see compose output. In this way you will get to know what actual value is coming from zip column.

Is one list item column zip contains all these zip codes in first right condition block or one for one line item.  If it is one for one line item then you should try with contains in logic.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

@Hardesh15 Thanks for the tip and I think that is absolutely what I need! Yes - there are a lot of zip codes. How was I set up the logic expression? I posted a simplified pic of what I am trying now and the error I am getting. 

Flow.PNGError.PNG

VictorIvanidze
Community Champion
Community Champion

Create the array ZipArr that contains all zip codes you need  and change the condition to

ZipArr contains (zipValue)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

@VictorIvanidze - thank you! Makes sense. I am stuck at the "from". I put in the SharePoint address, but that didn't work and there is no dynamic content given other than the formulas. What am I missing now? 

From.PNG

I added the "Initialize variable" before the filter array as well. 

@kylevallentine  This is not a correct way to create array. Filter array is used when you have list of collection and want to filter column value etc.

This will not help you here.

Simply write all your zip codes in a compose action seperated by comma.

Then in condition use this-

Outputs('compose') contains yourzip column.

@Hardesh

@Hardesh15 - that seemed to work a lot better. It did work in a test environment, but when I actually submitted the form and it converted to the SharePoint list, nothing was sent. 

Now it is giving me this: 

Flow.PNG

Flow Error.PNG

  

Working now. I removed the "zip" and put the actual ones in there. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,619)