cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gragert
Regular Visitor

Email Notification when Form is not completed by 5:30PM.

I have a Flow connected to a Form in a factory environment.  When a machine is cleaned each day, the operator completed a Microsoft Form that has a few questions and fields for notes.  When the Form is submitted it populates a Microsoft List and sends a notification to a group of key employees so they know the task was completed and includes the notes for that day.   I need a way to send a different notification if the Form is not completed by 5:30pm each day so that the supervisors can assign someone else to that task for the day.   I have created 50-60 flows with different levels of complexity. This one is beating me up.  There seems to be a few ways to address the logic, but I can't seem to figure it out.   Help please!

I can use the Form or even the List, but I cannot seem to think of the right steps in the Flow to get this to work. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vhughes
Frequent Visitor

Ah, almost there. Here’s what I mean by “expression”:

B30AE6CA-845D-4556-BFFA-B33DA0FB2A6E.png

 Then, for the condition:

4D8EB0F1-8D2E-4264-998F-8D979B37DE11.png

which you make by: 

B11E94C5-2E55-44EC-81C1-73602BD73B45.png

I would have included screenshots last night but I was on mobile sorry

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
vhughes
Frequent Visitor

If I understand correctly, the challenge is with your trigger. You cannot use MS Forms as the trigger because the only option there is ‘when a new submission’ happens. So, I think the scheduled trigger is your best option. Add it from the “recurrence” connector. Set it to daily, specify the time zone, skip start date, enter the hour ‘17’ and minute ‘0’.

Now, use a “get items” action from Sharepoint to see if anything was submitted in the last 12(?) hours. Set to the site and list, expand advanced, in Filter query:

Created gt ‘x’

X will be an expression of: addHours(utcNow(),(-12),’yyyy-MM-dd’)

Next action: Condition

left side, expression: length(body(‘Get_items’)?[‘value’])

Equals 0

yes path of condition means, “no forms submitted” so you can add the notification actions that you used in the other flow.

Thanks.   Looks like you get what I am trying to accomplish.  I will give this a try and follow up with results.   

Thanks again. 

No success yet.  I think it is close. 

I am getting this error: 

The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 0. Creating query failed.

Here is the full flow (*I changed the time of recurrence for testing): 

Gragert_1-1610549647549.png

vhughes
Frequent Visitor

Ah, almost there. Here’s what I mean by “expression”:

B30AE6CA-845D-4556-BFFA-B33DA0FB2A6E.png

 Then, for the condition:

4D8EB0F1-8D2E-4264-998F-8D979B37DE11.png

which you make by: 

B11E94C5-2E55-44EC-81C1-73602BD73B45.png

I would have included screenshots last night but I was on mobile sorry

View solution in original post

Fantastic!!!   That did the trick.  I am still learning and have a long way to go.  I really appreciate the help.   

vhughes
Frequent Visitor

Yay! Glad to hear it 🙂 you’re doing great! I always say the most important part is having the ability to imagine what you want, cause you can always learn the “how” later.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Automate User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (64,618)