cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraA

Email/Notify in teams when Form response submitted

Hi All, 

I am new to this, as our company just recently moved from using Google to Microsoft. We have a Form on our website for the customers to request services. I recreated it in MS Forms. Now I would like to set up a workflow which would send an email to a relevant person when a client has submitted a response via the Form. Next step would be to also create a notification on Teams too. But for now, I just want an email. I thought it would be as simple as taking one of the Power Automate templates and picking the right form and entering the email details. But whenever I test, it says Failed. There is no other details of the error. Is there something else I need to do? Please could let me know where to start? Maybe you can point me to the right beginers' guides too? There is so much info on this Community, that I don't know where to start. 

Many thanks,

Sandra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you so much! V2 has worked!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Start from a blank flow with the Forms trigger. The next action is to Get response details, which just needs the dynamic Response ID from the trigger dropped into its input, then finally Send an email. You can drop the individual fields of the form response into the body of the email along with whatever other text you want in the message. It's a 3 step flow, should be a good starting point on your Power Automate journey.

WillPage_0-1651198896899.png

WillPage_1-1651199009923.png

Thanks a lot. I tried this. The last error is this: 

SandraA_0-1651201674720.png

I have now idea what it means.

It also says this:

How to fix: You should be able to fix this by verifying

How do I verify?
WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You just have to wait unfortunately. Try again tomorrow.

Hi again,

So, it has been a couple of days since I tried last. The error message is the same - see below. I don't know what it means and what I need to do to fix it. Any ideas?

SandraA_0-1651446313557.png

WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

You may need to contact Microsoft support for this. It's not anything wrong with your flow, but you could use one of the alternative options as stated in the error details there such as the Office 365 Outlook: Send and email (V2) action.

Thank you so much! V2 has worked!

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SandraA ,

Glad to see the issue has been solved.

You could mark the correct reply as a solution and close the case.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,497)