cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rthomas93
Level: Powered On

Email Only Modified Rows

Hello, 

This is my first forray into flow, so excuse me if this is basic. 

I am trying to trigger an email to be sent to supervisors whenever their employees information is modified in an excel workbook. Specifically, I am creating a Locker database, and need to email the supervisor whenever an employee is assigned a locker. With my current setup, it is email every supervisor any time something is updated. I'd like to only email those rows that were modified. (I can't figure out how to put an image here to show my flow). 

Current trigger is "when a file is modified (properties only) -->

List Rows Present In Table-->

Apply to each(

Get a row (where key column is employee ID)

Sent an email)

Any help would be appreciated! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Gristy
Level 10

Re: Email Only Modified Rows

If you keep it in a excel file how will you know the previous values seeing as the trigger is on the document its self, anything could have been modified.

Perahps you should load this data into a SharePoint list, then you can do a flow on being modified.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rthomas93 ,

Unfortunately, there is currently no trigger in the Excel connector similar to the SharePoint connector, so there is no way to monitor if rows are changed and trigger Flow.

If you want similar functionality to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for a similar idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Triggers-for-Excel-Sheets/idi-p/78301

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Gristy
Level 10

If you keep it in a excel file how will you know the previous values seeing as the trigger is on the document its self, anything could have been modified.

Perahps you should load this data into a SharePoint list, then you can do a flow on being modified.

rthomas93

I don't currently have access to create sharepoint lists, nor am I familiar with them (though I'm sure I could easily learn if I had access). I guess what I was hoping for was a better trigger, action, or filter that would allow only new/modified entries to be mailed. Is this not possible in Excel? 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rthomas93 ,

Unfortunately, there is currently no trigger in the Excel connector similar to the SharePoint connector, so there is no way to monitor if rows are changed and trigger Flow.

If you want similar functionality to be supported by MS Flow, please consider voting for a similar idea:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Triggers-for-Excel-Sheets/idi-p/78301

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rthomas93

I was afraid of that, but was hoping I was just doing something wrong. I've voted for the suggested post. Thank you for your help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,903)