cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhill10

Email Summary List to Manager and copy employees

I'm attempting to build a flow based off of a spreadsheet that sends a summary email to each manager listing overdue items for their employees. I would like to Copy each employee on the email that goest to their respective manager.

Example Table would be: 

EmployeeEmail    ManagerEmail     Task

Employee1          Manager1             Task1

Employee2          Manager1             Task2

Employee3          Manager2             Taks3

Employee4          Manager2             Task4

Manager 1 would receive an email listing the items due for Employee1 and Employee2, Employee1 and Employee2 would be copied on this email.

Manager 2 would received an email listing the items due for Employee3 and Employee4, Employee3 and Employee4 would be copied on this email.

I have managed to create a flow based off of the instructions in the following link that sends the summary email to the supervisor but I can't get the appropriate employees CC'd on the email.

Link for reference: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Generate-an-Email-Based-on-AssignedTo-Field-That-...

1 REPLY 1
danmitchell36
Resolver II
Resolver II

@jhill10 ,

You will need to create another loop in the Flow to capture all of the employees that need to be cc'd. 

You could probably use a string variable for this and append the employee email address and ; in each iteration of the loop. 

For example: employee@company.com;

Then you could use the variable to populate the cc field on the send email step.

Let me know if this works and please mark this as the solution if it does!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,441)